The holidays are here, and what better way to celebrate than sharing some holiday-inspired drinks with friends and family. Here are 5 recipes that are bound to spice up your festivities:
As always, don’t forget to double up if you want it a little bit boozier.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- ⅛ cup of cocoa
- 4 oz chocolate (can be chocolate chips, a cut-up bar, or shaved chocolate)
- 2 cups of milk (choose your favorite)
- Sugar (to taste)
- 2 shots Peppermint Schnapps
- 1 shot Bailey’s
- Whipped cream
- In a pot, heat the milk, cocoa, and sugar to taste, until it dissolves and starts to barely bubble.
- Take off the heat and stir in chocolate until it has completely melted.
- Add in the peppermint schnapps and the Bailey’s and stir to combine.
- Pour into mugs and top it with whipped cream and marshmallows
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 bottle of dry red wine (750ml)
- ¾ cup of water
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- 1 orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- In a pot mix water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and orange juice, over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cut the orange in half, juice it, and pour it into the mixture. Push the cloves into the orange peels and place this into the simmering mixture.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes until the mixture has reduced to about half of its original volume.
- Pour in the red wine and heat until it steams, but before simmering. Remove the orange rinds with cloves.
- Serve in mugs
- Apple cider
- Fill a champagne glass half-way with your favorite champagne
- Top it off with apple cider
- 1 shot of vodka (can also be berry flavored)
- 3 oz cranberry seltzer
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- Chill your glass
- Pour in the vodka and add the cranberry seltzer
- Top it off with cranberry juice